Monday, April 8, 2013

Music Mondays

This week I'm continuing my 'underrated CCM artists' theme with GRITS, Christian music's original southern hip-hop kings.

The quality of both their lyrics and their music set them apart from their peers. I got introduced to them because they were signed to Gotee Records a label TobyMac helped found. I can't pretend to know the nature of their relationship with the present-day Christian hip-hop scene, but I will always see them as the musical-forefathers of this current generation of artists.

My original hope was to post their video to "Ooh Aaah" which is one of my favorite songs. Alas, no video was ever made for it. We'll have to settle for one of their original hits "They All Fall Down":


This song has always reminded me of Ecclesiastes, with it's themes of the vanity of pursuing worldly things and the brevity of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment