Monday, June 10, 2013

Music Mondays


This video brings a smile to my face for a couple of different reasons.

Kevin Max is the new lead singer of Audio Adrenaline. Audio A was a favorite band of mine in high school, while KMax was the quirky member of dc Talk. I'm a little cynical when it comes to a lot of bands trying to keep going with new personnel, but this pairing was different. It just fit.

The foremost reason this brings a smile to my face is the message of the song and the connection they have to an orphanage in Haiti founded by the original lead singer of the group. It reminds me of an orphanage a good friend of mine started in the Philippines. I've had the privilege to visit it and it is special work they do, rescuing children and babies from certain death. It's truly fulfilling the call to love the least of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment