Monday, July 8, 2013

Music Mondays

I grew up in a church that sang traditional hymns almost exclusively. Those great songs hold a special place in my heart, even though as I've clearly demonstrated by this blog, my musical preferences are much more on the contemporary, 'rock-n-roll' side of the scale.

Yesterday we say this song during our worship service, a popular new version of the classic hymn "Amazing Grace". It gave me an idea for Music Mondays - to highlight some classic hymns that have been remixed in a contemporary style.

To kick things off, I thought I'd start with the song that ended up as the most played song on my own iPod (until the battery ran out and it was reset). I love the arrangement and added chorus that Crowder includes in this song. It's hard to sing the original without wanting to try to sing this version.



If you have your own favorites, feel free to leave a comment or message me on facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Don't miss the Crown Him variation by Chris Tomlin. We did that at Easter this year, and it's powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one. I did already have Hillsong's "Worthy is the Lamb/Crown Him with Many Crowns" on my list, but I might have to feature Tomlin's song that week too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5l597vvV1k

    ReplyDelete