Monday, February 3, 2014

Music Mondays - Inspired by Genesis

"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."

Genesis 1-2 beautifully describe how God made the heavens and the earth. They are duplicate accounts that underscore God's creativity and care in creating both our world and humanity itself.

However perfect that original world is in our minds eye, we err if we minimize the fact that God spoke and it came to be. His very words ushered in the existence of all things. This is truly mind-blowing and incomprehensible. And that's the point.

God is in charge, this is His world. And it all reflects his glorious nature.

So for this week's selection of songs inspired by Genesis, let me offer "This is My Father's World" in correlation to Genesis 1-3. Yes, I include Genesis 3, because the third verse of Maltbie Babcock's classic assures us:

This is my Father's world. O let me ne'er forget that though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father's world: why should my heart be sad? The Lord is King; let the heavens ring! God reigns; let the earth be glad! 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_is_My_Father%27s_World

No comments:

Post a Comment