Monday, June 30, 2014

Music Mondays

I was first exposed to this week's song through Kristian Stanfill and the Passion 2012 album. Originally a Hillsong creation, it's a sing-able worship song that's gotten some radio play that I've come to like despite myself.

Being a theologically-trained pastor, I almost automatically revert to analyzing songs when I'm listening to or singing them. I'm sure this revelation will come as a shock to those of you who have read this blog.

I appreciate this song for the truth it proclaims about the Lord, but at the same time it seems contrived and formulaic in a lot of ways (much like this somewhat sarcastic "How to" video).

So in the end, I'm left with enjoying a song despite my mental dissonance. It offers a great proclamation and hope that we can run to God's arms and find a love that "will always be enough".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment