Monday, October 27, 2014

Music Mondays



As a new 'old school' worship song that's being overlooked as a classic, I must admit that I haven't always like this song. I can't exactly tell you why, but as someone who is naturally sarcastic it may have to do with the fact that I find it ironic that some worship leaders can play a song called "Forever" for what seems like forever. My opinion changed after I purchased this album that contains the version of the song in the above video. It is probably my favorite worship CD top to bottom and it put the song in a context that led me to re-evaluate my judgement.

Truthfully though, I also find it unusual to get all pumped up about God's eternality. It's something my mind can't really grasp and thus makes it that much harder to relate to. But the awesome thing about God and His Word is, the more you meditate on Him, the more you appreciate all that He is.

Psalm 102 is one special passage that helped me understand this divine attribute in a better way:

25 Of old you laid the foundation of the earth,
    and the heavens are the work of your hands.
26 They will perish, but you will remain;
    they will all wear out like a garment.
    You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away,
27     but you are the same, and your years have no end.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment