Monday, February 9, 2015

Music Mondays

A couple years ago, my wife and I visited "Hitsville U.S.A." the house-turned-recording studio-turned-museum that celebrates the Motown Records legacy of the 50's and 60's.

It was a sentimental trip for me because I remember by Dad, a native Michagander with musical gifts of his own, really liking those classic Detroit hits of that era. From "Please Mister Postman" to "Shop Around" to "Where Did Our Love Go", the hit songs were numerous as the number of groups and artists who sang them.


It was those songs and that era that immediately came to mind when I heard Ed Sheerhan's latest hit:


What a great, pure, and soulful love song.

This one's in memory of you dad, and dedicated to you Stephanie, by loving and beautiful wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment