Monday, April 20, 2015

Music Mondays

Of all the Christian bands and artists out there, there's not a band I've wavered more on than the Newsboys. I got hooked on their early stuff when I was looking for more progressive sounding music my mom would still let me listen to. Then as CCM became a real commercial industry and they gained more popularity, I became less and less enthusiastic about their stuff. Every so often I'd like one of their singles, but I was generally not interested. 

And then they brought on former dc Talk member Michael Tait as their lead vocalist and I was contractually obligated to like them due to my lifelong commitment to enjoy all things dc Talk related.

This week's song selection perfectly encapsulates my feelings towards the band. I don't really turn it up or pay attention if it is on the radio (mostly because it has been overplayed). Yet its message and overall quality is pretty good when I consider them on their own merits.

And since it seems like a natural fit with what I preached on yesterday in Revelation 20, I figure now is as good of a time as any to feature them in a positive way:




No comments:

Post a Comment