Monday, July 6, 2015

Music Mondays

I attended a funeral this morning of a college friend's father who had actually been a co-worker of mine at my previous church. 

Reflecting on the life of such a Christ-like servant and devoted family man was, I teared up as I listened to the eulogy my college friend gave in honor of his dad. His testimony was a powerful one. Stories were offered of how Dave never thought he was better than anyone and how he saw people who others often overlooked. 

Funerals of saints can easily turn into celebrations. Celebrations of the faithful. Celebrations of their life. Celebrations of the Savior. 

One of the hymns sung during this particular service is my pick for this Music Monday: Blessed Assurance



"Filled with His goodness, lost in His love"...this was his story, this is my story, this can be your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment