Monday, December 21, 2015

Music Mondays: Christmas Musical Edition

Our Kid's Choir performing their opening number last night.
Normally we don't have services on Sunday nights. But last night we made our annual exception. 

For several months, our Kid's Choir and Adult Helpers have been preparing diligently to put on their "Wrapping All the Way" Christmas musical. It was a program filled with creative songs that help share the true reason we celebrate this holiday.

There was a lot of plot drama, fun choreography, enthusiastic singing, 'rapping', puppetry, unplanned surprises, and even a couple of small confetti cannons that helped the play end with a literal 'bang'.


We capped the night off with a Christmas dessert in our gym featuring many delicious cookies and salty snacks. Our minds were filled with catchy songs and our bellies filled with tasty treats. All in all in was a great night.

You can Youtube "Wrapping All the Way musical" and find different interpretations of the same play. But for this video, I thought I would simply share a sampler of the songs that I found online.  I will warn you though, the songs got stuck in my head to the point that I found myself humming along twice this morning to two different selections.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment