Monday, January 16, 2017

Music Mondays

My wife had borrowed one of my old CD's and it was playing when I borrowed her vehicle over the weekend. It was a little known CCM band called Shaded Red. Their first album was a classic - in fact, outside of dc Talk, it is the perfect example of my musical tastes during the late 90's.
Anyway, that original album prompted me to buy their next (and only) label-produced album, Red Revolution.

I hadn't listened to it in years til my wife had, but it's most noteworthy song struck a chord with me listening to it again.

"When God Ran" is a worshipful retelling of the story of the Prodigal Son. It's actually a cover of an older hit by Benny Hester. Phillips, Craig, and Dean have also covered it, reintroducing it to a much larger fan base.

But here's the version I've come to love with a video behind it portraying the story itself:

No comments:

Post a Comment