Monday, October 16, 2017

Music Mondays

Working ahead has it's benefits. And this week's music feature comes from next week's sermon that I've just finished writing out.

Let me take you back in time to the mid-to-late 90's as I was entering high school and looking for any Christian music that fit my tastes. Along comes a new group from the South (Georgia) called Third Day. 

Solid lyrics, great sound, and a lead singer who I'd later realized sounded exactly like Eddie Vedder (I liked Pearl Jam back then, the stuff I heard on the radio, but it took 'til in my 30's to realize the parallel).

One of my favorite songs that my friends also gravitated towards was "Nothing at All", which connects an old nursery rhyme trope to James 3

No fancy or archaic music video for this one, just the song. I had fun revisiting this single and hope you enjoy some late 90's Christian rock too. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment