Monday, October 15, 2018

Music Mondays - Best Covers Ever

Can you get nostalgic when you're 20?

I feel like that's what happened to me when I heard this song for the first time. I vaguely remembered the original from my youth as a "sports jam" type song that went well with highlights of dunks and big hits.

Along came a Christian rock band from Canada who altered the lyrics to "Christian-ize" it a bit and I was hooked. 



This was a musical era that probably doesn't hold up for a lot of people these days. Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park were all the rage. And "rage" is an apt description in some ways given the vocal bent of many of these groups. Tfk's lead singer Trevor McNevan could venture into that territory but the group's larger body of work has still remained a favorite of mine. And this song is right up there as the one that put them on the map for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment