Monday, February 18, 2019

Book Blog

My Week 2 book that's made a great impact on my life is "The Pursuit of God" by A.W. Tozer. 

I can't remember exactly when first read it, high school or early on in college probably. But from it's first few pages, I knew it was going to powerfully speak to my heart. 



Tozer's been called a modern-day prophet. And he certainly was. Not in the fortune-telling sense but in the conviction and encouragement sense. Prophets in the Bible criticized and energized their people (cc. Walter Bruggemann). Tozer does exactly that as he offers us biblical perspective on what it means to know God. Not just know of Him, but know him closely and intimately and to enjoy the beauty of that fellowship. 

Whenever I feel like my spiritual life has grown stagnant or stale, I go back to Tozer's writings and usually to this book first. It will challenge the hardest of hearts and will inspire the thirsty soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment