Monday, February 1, 2021

Music Mondays + Sermon Snippets

We are beginning a sermon series in Hebrews and I'm going to do my best to regularly highlight songs that fit the passage. I imagine this will be harder in some parts than others, but I guess we will see.

The winter storm forced us to cancel our service yesterday, though I still shared my sermon in truncated form with a co-starring appearance from our son. 

It was no surprise that Tate's presence was a little distracting, at least to this speaker. It's a little ironic given that our passage, Heb. 1:1-4, is all about tuning into Jesus as the only voice worth tuning into. 

One of the songs our worship team was going to lead us with was an "oldie" I remember from my college days. It's a simple chorus - one that fits the 7/11 repetitious stereotype. And yet, in it's simplicity, it fits the tone of the introductory verses of Hebrews. 


There are many other more popular and more loved songs that focus on Christ and elevate His name. But something about this one seemed just right. May all the other voices fade away and we commit ourselves anew to worshipping and obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment