Monday, May 24, 2021

Music Mondays: Songs of a Certain Era

Upon hearing this song for the first time, you could have told me that this was going to be the biggest band in the world for the rest of my life and I would have 100% believed you.

And if my long-term memory serves me well, that initial impression was accentuated by the fact that I was hearing it in my friend Joe's house. His was the first house I ever remember having surround sound even with speakers in multiple rooms. 

Imagine being a musically naive middle schooler hearing this blast all around you at "11" as you jumped around and played air guitar and such.


Did every other Spin Doctors song I heard after this sound the same? Kinda. Were they a one-hit wonder band? Sort of.  But they created a perfect 90's pop rock song if there ever was one.


No comments:

Post a Comment