Monday, January 14, 2013

Music Mondays

I was late on the "Delirious?" train. They were a British Christian Rock band that found radio play on Christian stations here in the States. I liked what I heard, but never really "got into them", even when they started churning out worship hits like "Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble?" and "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever".

I knew worship leader friends of mine who liked them and used their songs in chapel band in college and in their youth groups. I'm not sure if it was because their name confused me - was it 'Delirious', 'Deliriou5?', or 'Delirous?'  (it was the latter). Or maybe it was because their radio songs didn't strike me as super-profound, but I wasn't a real big fan.

Turns out, it was my loss. I pride myself on having good musical tastes, but I missed the boat on this one. And the song that changed my mind was this one:

 
 
Majesty! Your grace has found me just as I am.
Empty-handed but alive in your hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment