Monday, January 21, 2013

Music Mondays


Many of the best worship songs do not just simply adore God. Many of the best worship songs adore God and declare truths about Him. The Psalms do this constantly but it is true for the older hymns like "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" as well as newer songs like "Mighty to Save".

This song is not too well-known within the Church, but it's a classic that has a perfect blend of adoration and delaration.

I had worked for less that two months at Grace in admissions when I got to go promote our Seminary at a Pastors Conference at Harvest Bible Chapel in suburban Chicago. It remains one of the best highlights of my time in admissions because I got to hear a bunch of the best preachers in the country and participate in some incredible worship led by, among others, Meredith Andrews. This song hadn't been written yet, but it clued me into one of the best church-based worship teams in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really like this new song....I had never heard it before. It does tell a truth about God, "He will never leave us!" I know what you mean about music at large gatherings. Especially conferences where so many people are participating and it is so awesome! Praise God! Thanks for sharing! Loved this.

    ReplyDelete