Friday, January 4, 2013

Skitch...how'd we get here?

God had been giving me a stronger and stronger thrist for full-time ministry for about a year. I knew I was headed in that direction long-term, but I was probably too hung up on the "tyranny of the urgent" to make a serious move in that direction.

So God took care of that.

My position at my former employer was eliminated due to late-discovered budget cuts. So I figured that was God's indication it was time to look for ministry positions.

One I was aware of already because of my previous job was at Milford 1st Brethren Church. I applied and sent in my resume, unsure if a senior pastor position was the right fit.

But discovering who the people were and what they were looking for, it was clear it would be a great fit. So after surviving the candidating process, I was hired.

I think I know what I am doing in some ways, and in others, I readily admit I have no clue. 

But I had grown a bit complacent in my previous position. Now I have to actively trust the Lord for this adventure.

This blog will reflect that. I plan to post previews to my sermons, random thoughts about life, and a weekly "Song of the Week" that will highlight various Christian musicians and songs that I really like.

I hope you enjoy the ride with me as we focus on our ministry and mission here in Milford, Indiana!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the north country. Happy to hear God openedthe doors for ministry. Will pray for you and the people there in Milford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, This is a wonderful idea. I look forward to reading this blog. And having you as our new pastor! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete