Monday, March 18, 2013

Music Mondays

Obviously with a weekly entry like "Music Mondays", I consider myself something of a music expert. This is mostly based off of my love for music, especially the excellent options in the genre of Christian music. When there is an excellent artist or band that doesn't get the recognition they deserve, I react in two ways:

1. I feel a special joy that naturally comes when you know a 'secret' that few others are privileged to know.
2. I recommend the underrated artist to those I know who'd appreciate them.

I will be highlighting some underrated artists over the next several weeks. Feel free to leave your favorite underrated CCM musicians in the comments.

We'll start this off with Kristian Stanfill. He's written a lot of popular songs, but has been hidden in Chris Tomlin's shadow for a while and is just recently starting to get airplay on the radio. He's been a mainstay at the Passion conferences and is probably breaking out as an artist as I write this.

So I'm guessing that the 'underrated' label won't apply for very long, but here's a favorite of mine that he is responsible for:

No comments:

Post a Comment