Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Music Monday on Tuesday

A little late this week. But in order to make it up to you, I'll post two songs from our highlighted group.

Reality Check is one of the most overlooked bands ever in Christian music history. Of course, they didn't help themselves by breaking up after their first album, but they had a sound unlike any other in the CCM world. Looking back, I'd probably compare them to secular groups like Limp Bizkit or maybe early Linkin Park.


In high school, my best friend and I made two 'legendary' lip-synch videos to various Christian rock songs, and I'm pretty sure we had at least one or two from Reality Check. I am very, very thankful youtube didn't exist back then, because we totally would have posted them on there, before we realized how embarassing they were. There are a couple copies of those that still exist in a semi-secret and protected location. And I would totally destroy them if I ever got my hands on them again.

Back to the real music, I had never actually seen their one and only music video until about 10 minutes ago. It's a strange, yet classic late 90's production for sure.

"Masquerade"

 
 
Here's a non-music video someone created for their song "Plastic":
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment