Monday, April 1, 2013

Music Mondays

I can't remember how I got my hands on Polarboy's Back from Nowhere album. I just know I was a freshman in college and really dug their sound, quirky yet quality lyrics, and their similarity to the Counting Crow's This Desert Life Red Hot Chilli Peppers' Californication album. The latter aspect I discovered after listening to their CD scrambled with the aforementioned Chilli Pepper's album on a hall-mate's stereo on Beta 3rd North Hall. That was back in the day of 3 disc-CD stereo's that could be set at 'Random' and it would play all three CD's with the songs alternatively mixed. Today, our ipods do the same thing with the 'Shuffle' option.

Polarboy never struck it big and it's hard to find much evidence online that they even existed. But they made one great album and are this week's choice for underrated Christian band. Once again, I'll introduce you to a video that I'd never seen before until today. But I can say this, it's all I thought it would be as a fan. A little strange and quirky but also self-aware.


No comments:

Post a Comment