Monday, December 9, 2013

Music Monday - Songs I'm Embarrassed to Like

I'm not embarrassed to like this song, but it is not a song one would expect a pastor to like. And it's not a song neither my wife nor my friends would know I'd like. It only reached #25 on the Billboard charts and didn't have a long run as a hit. But I love this song. It's the perfect song to get psyched up to play a big game (which I was doing - playing college ball back when it came out in 2000). If I had controlled the warm-up music for pre-game, this definitely would have made the cut.

I'm not one to dance or even raise my hands much in church during worship, but this song makes me want to react like that, like the awkward Midwestern white-boy that I am. It's not my culture or normally my style of music, but I love to "Rock the Party":

No comments:

Post a Comment