Friday, May 23, 2014

Sermon Snippets

Psalm 23 is one of the most loved and cherished passages in the entire Bible. 
I remember memorizing it as a kid at church and being fascinated with the imagery it portrays.

I have little doubt that it's popularity is due to the wide range of circumstances to which it applies.

Feeling blessed? Be thankful that the Lord leads us to "lie down in green pastures".

Struggling with despair? Seek the Lord who is the only one who can truly "restore my soul".

Unsure about a decision? Seek the Lord who "leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake."

Facing a fearful situation, even death? Cling to the hope that even in the "valley of the shadow of death" "You are with me".

Wary of the future? Know that if you follow the Good Shepherd, the Lord's "goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life".


Few passages so succinctly cover such a wide gamut of the human experience. No wonder we love it so much. It offers us timely wisdom for whatever time we find ourselves in.

No comments:

Post a Comment