Monday, June 2, 2014

Music Monday

What am I listening to?
I wrote a short post back around Easter about this song. It speaks of Easter and the power of God and the glory of Jesus. The following video is almost 13 minutes long. But it's a phenomenal song that I always have to listen to when it comes on the radio (a shorter version obviously).




My parents were gifted musicians and when I was younger, we often traveled around to churches and they sang and my dad would preach evangelistic/revival messages.  My favorite song my dad would sing was this Easter song that contains the same message as the above song, though presents it in a much different way. All that to say, subconsciously, I think my heart latches on to Kari Jobe's "Forever" because it both boldly proclaims the Resurrection Truth and also harkens me back to my dad belting out that other old-school tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment