Monday, April 6, 2015

Music Mondays

One thing I've learned about music since my high school days is that songs can't always be taken straightforwardly or literally. There is often nuance and layers - music is art after all. And like some of the best paintings, songs must be absorbed, considered, and even re-evaluated - but more importantly they must be enjoyed for what they are.

This defines the music of Twenty One Pilots to a 'T' in my opinion. Granted, I'm in no real position to assert my opinion as the defining word, but this group consistently pushes its listeners to go deeper and consider issues of real life. Even when they approach the most common of pop music tropes, i.e. the Love Song, they do it uniquely:


I'm surprising myself today in making this my first post featuring this group because I'm all-in with these guys and have been listening to their stuff non-stop for over a year. Their sound cannot be categorized, but like classic art you just know its good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment