Monday, March 30, 2015

Music Mondays

This week is The Passion Week where Christians all over the world celebrate the final days of Christ's life, especially his death, burial, and resurrection.

There are a lot of wonderful traditions and special celebrations different churches and even families observe. One of my personal favorites is revisiting one particular song that my dad used to sing around Easter when he was in ministry. Don Francisco's "He's Alive" is one of the best Easter songs. It captures the disappointment of Good Friday and glorious hope of Easter by reflecting on the Passion from Peter's perspective.

Interestingly enough (maybe only to me), I just discovered that it won the Dove Award for Song of the Year in 1980, the same year I was born. Below is a brief description of how the song came to be along with a live performance:


He is Risen - He is Risen Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment