Monday, November 9, 2015

Music Mondays

In our sermon series, we've entered the section of 1 John that deals with the theme of "God is life".
We have eternal life - abundant-meaningful life -  through our relationship with Jesus.

I gave some thought to Music Monday given this argument. A few songs that have found their way to CCM radio popped into my head. But none of them really resonate with me. I mean, God is life. That's awesome. Theologically that truth is EVERYTHING. 

It is the core of our faith and the transformative consequence of the Gospel. It deserves a real song to announce it. It needs the kind of song I would have listened to in order to pump myself before a basketball game. 

There's really only one choice:


Considering this song was released and became popular around 9/11 adds emphasis to it's greater message of joy and appreciation of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment