Monday, March 21, 2016

Music Mondays


Last night, despite the ongoing NCAA Tournament and The Walking Dead's latest episode, my wife and I made TV time for "The Passion" on FOX, presented by Tyler Perry.

It was a re-telling of the Passion Week, following Jesus and his disciples through the many difficulties of that historic period of time. It recast those events in a more modern setting and incorporated modern pop music to reflect the events and the emotions of the characters.

I found it to be a well-produced, decent depiction of the Biblical story. The mix of what seemed to be recorded segments with live performances and narration seemed a bit disjointed, but I'm not an expert TV critic. It wasn't an overly powerful show, but it did a fair job accomplishing what it was shooting for.

The final song was the show's high point however. The song choice, "Unconditionally" by Katy Perry, was perfect and its connection to the Resurrection and the Gospel was on point as was the performance. 

If you're interested in the specific events of the Passion Week, let me shamelessly plug my sermon from yesterday as we looked at each day, Sunday through Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment