Monday, January 15, 2018

Music Monday - in honor of Tate Wesley Compson

Early in the morning on January 5th, my wife gave birth to a precious 8 lb 5 oz baby boy we named Tate Wesley. 

He's changed our lives for the better. He sleeps, eats, poops and is pretty chill overall until he's hungry. Next week I think I'll share a bit about that January 5th experience. But this week I wanted to share a little of our joy with you. 





In celebration of this cute little guy, I thought I'd post a song from one of the few movies that's ever made me legitimately cry. 

This is John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy":


The movie is "Mr. Holland's Opus" and the song is featured during a key turning point in the movie where this high school music teacher plays it for his deaf son, who he'd struggle to connect with for a long time. 

That scene and the finale get me every time. And the song definitely reflects the pure love a dad feels for his son.

Here's the movie scene for a bonus clip:


I'd better end it here, I think my son's waking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment