Monday, February 12, 2018

Music Mondays

Reg. E. Cathey died last week. 

He was a distinguished supporting actor in a variety of notable TV shows and movies

I always recognized him from a treasured PBS show from my childhood - Square One. 

Square One was a educational show typically broadcast right after school. It was a sort of "Saturday Night Live" sketch show that taught kids stuff. And Cathey was one of it's featured actors. 

My particular favorite was always the episode-concluding "Mathnet" mystery stories - think "Dragnet" where they solve crimes through good ol' fashioned arithmetic. Cathey wasn't part of that part of the show from what I remember, but he was in most everything else.

I think back nostalgically and am amazed how creative that show was. Beyond the "Mathnet" features, all of the skits and songs  they came up with were equally memorable. 

So this week, in honor of Mr. Cathey, I give you one of his "big hits"

The video quality isn't great, but I'd bet my house this song will get stuck in your head.


No comments:

Post a Comment