Monday, December 10, 2018

Music Mondays - Best Covers Ever

This week we are drastically changing moods from last week's selection to feature what may be the best cover ever. 

Johnny Cash singing Nine Inch Nail's "Hurt":


Like many I suppose, my interest in Cash was rekindled with the biopic Walk the Line. Like the movie, this video symbolically captures Cash's life in powerful ways. The song's meaning has been interpreted in different ways, but this rendition seems to capture the struggle to move forward when faced with the emptiness of so much in this life. I find beauty in this in the way I see beauty in the book of Ecclesiastes especially knowing that Cash had found answers and meaning in a relationship with Jesus.

Next week, we'll begin feature some Christmas covers that are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment