Monday, July 13, 2020

Music Mondays

Back when this Music Monday series idea popped in my head, it was this week's song that inspired it all. In the weeks since then, it hasn't continued to run in a loop like it had briefly back in June and for that I am thankful. 

Or am I? It is actually one of my favorite songs from "back in the day". Third Day released their second studio album Conspiracy No. 5 in 1997 which included the song below. The album itself feels like an intentional mirroring of Pearl Jam. It is a natural comparison some made after their first album mostly due to lead singer Mac Powell's vocals. In this album, the music itself seems to copy the popular 90's grunge band's style. 

As I remember it, this album was not as well received by the CCM world but that was not an opinion I or my buddies shared. I could still jam to this song if I still had the cassette and still owned a cassette player (yes I am old). 

Anyway, "Gomer's Theme" is still a jam and I don't mind all that much when it does get stuck in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment